Fredrickson Supply Territory Manager
Title: Territory Manager
Department: Equipment Sales – West Michigan
Reports to: Sales Manager
Fredrickson Supply is a premier provider to the waste and recycling industry, sewer and hydro excavation equipment, street sweeping and snow control in Michigan. Our mission is to provide world class customer service in parts, service, and equipment.
Abilities and Skills
This person must be a proven Outside Sales Representative, who is a self-starter and disciplined. Excellent communication and listening skills are essential. The person in this position will work with a high degree of independence while reporting to the Sales Manager. The salesperson is expected to meet and exceed outlined objectives.
- Identify, develop and maintain customer relationships with the current and prospective market – Customer deliveries may be required.
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, preparing contracts and recording/closing orders.
- Growing and developing customer relationships and loyalty to increase market share.
- Meeting or exceeding Company targets for units, dollars and gross profit.
- Managing designated territories and customers to maximize our presence on equipment purchases.
- Providing Sales Manager with weekly sales call reports and updates.
- Working with customers and potential customers to provide solutions to their equipment needs for all industries served.
- Providing on-site expertise for demonstrations, machine inspections and technical support.
- Maintaining industry contact database for designated territory.
- Making frequent opportunity calls to generate new customers – This may include “cold calling.”
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of waste or sewer equipment or a field that is directly or indirectly related to the industries.
- Proven track record of excellent prospecting, presentation and closing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, alternative education with relevant work experience will be considered.
- Computer Skills Required: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word a PLUS.
- Acceptable Driving record required/CDL preferred or willing to obtain one.